How many uses will I get from one gas bottle?
- A 9kg gas bottle will generally heat a small tub three times and a large tub twice.
Can you add essential oils or bath bombs to your tub?
- Yes you can, however depending on what you use you may need to clean the tub after use.
Does the wood have a nice cedar smell?
- Yes, you will find a wooden cedar scent with your tub.
What are some chemical-free options for keeping the water clean in the electric tub?
- You can use traditional chlorine-based treatment, otherwise there are many chlorine and bromide-free options available through your local pool shop. You will need to do around 5-10 minutes of chemical maintenance weekly to keep on top of your tub maintenance.
How much do the electric tubs cost to run each week?
- Around $15 – 25 per week.
What is the lead time on a tub?
- Generally, this is around 8 weeks, but please contact us and we can confirm the current lead time.
Will my tub still be hot in the morning?
- Our electric tub is more like a spa, you can fill it and keep it full and at the temperature you like. With a wood-fired/gas tub the water should still be warm in the morning if the lid is placed on top.
What do I need to do to look after and maintain my tub?
- The exterior of Alpine Tubs is made of Cedar which has natural anti-bacterial and anti-decay properties. We recommend you apply a stain to the wood every few years to continue to protect it from the elements. The rest of our tubs are made from stainless steel, which doesn’t require any maintenance.
How do I keep my tub clean?
- With our wood-fired and wood-fired/gas tubs, we recommend you wipe down or lightly scrub the inside of your tub after every few uses to remove any residue and keep it clean.
- With our electric tubs, in addition to using products to keep the water clean, we recommend emptying and wiping out or lightly scrubbing your tub every 2-3 months, depending on usage.
- We also recommend you clean the outside of all of our tubs 1-2 times a year.
How long can I leave the water in?
- Our electric tub is more like a spa, you can fill it and leave it full, treating the water to keep it clean. We recommend emptying the tub every 2-3 months depending on usage. Our gas and wood-fired tubs are designed to be re-filled after each use.
How long do the tubs take to heat up?
- From cold to 38 degrees our small tubs take around 1-2 hours and our large tubs take around 2-3 hours.
How long will my tub last?
- If well maintained your Alpine Tub will last at least 15 years, but probably longer.
What is my wooden tub made of?
- Cedar and stainless steel
Does my tub come fully assembled?
- The Electric tub comes fully assembled.
- With our Wood-Fired tub the chimney will need to be slotted together.
- Our Gas/Wood-Fired tub will need the heater unit to be assembled and hoses fitted to suit your position.
How do I drain a hot tub?
- Our tubs have a side-valve for drainage which you can run a hose from, or let drain directly onto the ground.
Can I put my hot tub on the lawn?
- Yes that is fine.
Does my hot tub come with instructions?